WHAT YOU NEED:
6 tablespoons baking soda the help of an adult
3 tablespoons citric acid ½ cup of water
3 tablespoons cornflour drop of food colouring
a drop of perfume, essence or essential oil
some moulds (recycled plastic containers or old chocolate moulds)
WHAT YOU DO:
- Spoon the dry ingredients (baking soda, citric acid and cornflour) into a bowl and mix them together, squashing any lumps out of the mix.
- In a small container mix the wet ingredients (water, perfume/essence/essential oil and food colouring)
- Stir a spoonful of the liquid into the dry ingredients; then another. You will notice the mix fizzes. You’ll also only need about three spoonful’s of liquid as the mixture needs to be dry and crumbly.
- Pinch some of the powder mixture together with your fingers. If it clumps together it’s ready. Add a drop or two of water if it doesn’t clump and a little sprinkle of cornflour if it’s too wet.
- Pack your moulds tightly with the mixture, then leave them to sit for about a day, on the window sill or in the hot water cupboard. You can gently tip the shapes out of the mould after a few minutes if you would ike to make more of that shape.
- Pop them into a container. Make a special card and - ta da you’ve got the perfect gift for Mother’s Day or any day. You don’t even need to have a bath. If you make the small enough you can pop them in a bucket of water while you soak your feet!
- For other ideas, arts, crafts and games head to my website for the link to the YouTube channel.
for a PDF of the recipe and ideas for how to make your own Bath Bombs
And Click HERE
to go to the YouTube Channel